Tuesday, February 6, 2007

seventeen

-diary excerpts-
FEBRUARY 6, 1986
"Well, today was my first day back to school after the weekend and 3 day sickness. I have some stuff to make up. A lot in math, english and my computer class. I stayed after an hour and a half to do 3 chapters for Computer Applications. I took a test and a quiz, which I think I did average on. I need to work and get good grades. We get our report cards tomorrow. I think I did okay, but they are also sem. grades. :( On saturday, I am going to the beach w/ Ken and Cheryl. That will be fun. I don't want my writing to be yucky. I am very apprehensive about going to Gordon on Sunday. Oh well, it is only 2 days and I can't be shy! Be outgoing Dave! It is supposed to snow tonight. I really hope it does. Now I will draw."

FEBRUARY 5, 1986
"I havn't written in so long because I have felt very wretched, very wretched!! Today is the first day that I feel better, but I am still not 100% well. I have missed 3 days of school, oh well, I am a 2nd semester senior. Im sure I missed alot of work. This weekend I am going to Gordon College, by myself, to check it out. I am a little nervous, but it will be okay I guess. I wish it snows when I am there! I got letters from both Wheaton and Furman saying they recieved my apps. I hope I am accepted to Wheaton. Please, I have to go there!"

FEBRUARY 3, 1986
"Well, today was a banner day. Yuck. I was in bed all day, watching television. I hate being sick. My throat still really hurts. I hope I didn't miss very much in school today. I think I will go tomorrow, maybe not."

FEBRUARY 2, 1986
"Today I have been off and on sick. I didn't go to church this morning, and I just plain feel lousy! I ate pizza for dinner and got very sick to my stomach later! I don't think I will be attending school tom. And I also have an orthodontist apt. I will have to cancel. I hate being sick like this, it ruins everything."

FEBRUARY 1, 1986
" I didn't write yesterday. I went to a movie w/Ken Cheryl, Kyle, and Eddy. "Out of Africa" It was good, but not awesome. I wasn't in a very good mood so it was a little blah. Now I am sick w/flu. I have a very bad sore throat and am acheee. Both Jenny and Mo are snoring next to me. I am in a quiet, slow, bleek mood. Winter without snow is a bummer. This weekend was the Retreat. I am so glad I didn't go! Nobody went.

I want to finish this diary, because I got a really good one today. It is much bigger, and I hope it will last longer than these. Also it will hold bigger pictures, so I won't have to chop them up anymore. Someday I will really enjoy looking back on these. I wish I could show them to people, but I think they are too personal. I wouldn't want anybody to read through them, just look at the pictures i draw and put in. I think these books are a work of art. My style gets better as I do them. If you look at the first, it doesn't look half as good as this one, and the beginning of this one doesn't look as good as the stuff I am doing now. I am anxious to start the new one. They are a history of this year of my life. That is cool. Also, the new one was only $6. This one was $4. A better price for more! I got it at Visual Systems. That store really brings out the artist in me. I love paper, paint, and art materials. I could easily buy out the store.

I also got film today. A new thing, black and white. Mom thought I was nuts, but I really like black and white. I want to take some pictures of Ken. I wonder if he would think that was queer. I think he would be a good subject, like Kristin. Maybe tomorrow (sunday) nite.

I also got the Feruary GQ. That is such a stylistic mag. I really love it.

I want it to snow at least 5". Only tomorrow it is going to be 50 something degrees. Good luck Dave."

No comments: