Wednesday, January 7, 2009

who is this snakeman?

dear dave,

analya asked me this question - and I don't think my answer satisfied her much. I need to be able to talk about my artwork better. People are excited. Instead of feeding off this excitement, my immediate reaction (unconscious-learned over years of practice) is to diffuse the attention I feel is coming my way. Get them off the trail, like an escapee crossing a creek. The dogs will NEVER catch me over here! I get very embarrassed, and want to flee the interview as soon as possible.

Anyway - I need to be able to talk about my artwork in a more engaging way. While so much off the content SEEMS off the cuff to me, it DOES have meaning, or I wouldn't have done it. Telling good stories is a skill - and I need to think about that more.


At the hospital most of the morning. Jimmy is doing much better then last night. Now that I'm back in Tenley, I feel displaced. My day is screwy. I need to focus.

ps - it's just completely random that she would ask me that this afternoon, and that I posted a new picture of the snakeman (below) last night. Things are so random.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

well written.

glad to hear that jimmy is better