Sunday, February 1, 2009

dear dave

I had a post yesterday almost done, but then had to send it to draft mode, and now it doesn't seem timely to post it anymore.

oh well.

it was about not eating a doughnut, and eating a banana instead. But this morning I ate a brownie for breakfast, and didn't exactly kill the elliptical last night. Discipline is a constant struggle. I let myself get away with murder. The ebb and flow of determination and defeat. Regret is not motivational enough (it seems)

Watching the TRUE LIFE specials about the drug addicts was an eye opener. While I don't have any issues with drugs, that whole addiction cycle is easy to relate to. The rush of excitement when I'm getting what I want, and the deep low of disgust after I realize what Ive done, and can't go back. Then, the "oh well - I'll do better next time" that caps it all off.

---------

anyway, its monday, Feels povitol for a lot of people - kim, sue, and most especially Jimmy. I'm thinking about them all, and hoping for the very best.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

so true about addiction...i can relate to it as well though I don't have an addictions.

i read your blog everyday. thanks for writing everyday!