Saturday, August 1, 2009

dear dave,

super excited to be selling prints. Baked & Wired is a big success. I'm loving it.

Not so great day at the Corcoran today. Probably because I spent ALL my time yesterday working on branddave.com, and not enough time planning my printing.

I only have a few more printing sessions before the summer semester ends. Its been a good summer, but I need to squeeze in every last minute of printing. Show coming up, and I need NEW.

Excited to make some big cuts on the site. I needed to cut out the old brush, so new seeds could establish themselves. I left last night feeling good and energized. Like I'm on a good path (finally!) Ive been feeling so muddled lately.

I'm trying to establish a structure that allows me to add new work, and have it blend well with the old. Blogs are so good for that. They work really well at cataloging the past, while taking on the new.

Website is tough. Every time I have a new drawing or photograph, I dont know where to put it. And it always leads to massive redesigns. I need to come up with a living design, that honors the old while easily taking on the new. And I need to get my store up and running.

Things are going well though. I really feel good about my position. I just need to make work. Constantly.

No comments: