Thursday, October 15, 2009

dear dave,

gloomy day (again)

yesterday was the shits, ending in a big upset at Baked & Wired. Stuff was just in the air. Sort of resolved, but not completely.

I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself to maximize what I show there, but I'm fighting with Hex about what to keep and what to take down. I'm so sensitive to balance and proportion. In the end, I did what I thought was best - but can't help the constant second guessing. Ended up with just two framed pieces in the back, and the same set up by the bar. We'll see how that works over the next few days. Plan to refresh the front after I see what i accomplish at the studio.

Funny, because my printing schedule caught up with me. After Baked & Wired I just tanked - and didn't go into the Corcoran studio after all. Its taking a lot of planning to keep the production cycle going. new wood, new positives, new ink, more screens, more paint, more nails, extra paper to wrap them in. I think I have the cycle down, but every once in a while I just need to stop, and see where I'm going. Hopefully today will be my stop. And I can get back to work on printing tomorrow (long open studio hours)

Blah blah blah, this is all inside baseball. Nobody should care about this but me.

---------

For a few weeks now I have been working towards paying off my $2000 visa bill, run up on show framing and class expenses. Happy to say that I easily payed it today. It was a goal, and I accomplished it. Feels good!

Goal for today, drawing! I need new content to work with. Shoot planned with Dave tomorrow...

No comments: