Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crazy / Hysterical. That's the only way I can describe it!

I was at the Corcoran preparing my screen positives, and left for a minute to talk on the phone. Manuel walked by. I try to stay away from him, because he doesn't have much awareness at all about what is going on around him, and usually its at my expense. One time he erased an entire blog post I was working on, after first reading it aloud over my shoulder in the computer lab.

I came back in to continue working, but EVERYTHING I had been working on had vanished. No Manuel, no woman standing nearby, and no positives. Only an unhelpful, clueless girl with earphones, who chose to ignore me.

I looked in all the trash cans, under cabinets, in drawers. Nothing. I was screwed for the day, because I didn't have any other copies to work with. And I knew he HAD to somehow be involved.

A few hours later, Manuel returned, and I asked him about it. We quickly figured out that he had swept up the pages with his large portfolio, and they got stuffed back under his stuff in his drawer below the table where I was working.

"I'm so sorry!", he said.

I rushed out of there for the day, afraid something more horrible would happen to me or my stuff with him around.

No comments: