Monday, December 7, 2009



Dear Dave,

Its been a few days since I've posted, which is an anomaly. even if I don't have much to say, I'm proud that I'm a consistent poster. I follow so many blogs that seem to have gone over a cliff lately. I don't knwo where these people are, or why they have stopped posting regularly, but I gets me out of the habit of regularly checking in, which isn't so good for them. Anyway.

Last week I was busy getting last minute prints done before our Holiday Show at the studio over the weekend. Thursday was especially funny, because I set out to print "winterberry", but kept running into external and internal roadblocks. Thru all that adversity, I actually managed to get it done, and I think it was a great addition to my overall collection. I thought for sure I was going to sell it to one woman, but over the phone her husband squashed her enthusiasm, and she left with just a shirt in hand. I think it was a great thing to have, and am excited to add it to my website. I've been getting way to dog (and animal) focused, so I need to round things out with other subject matter.

The show was pretty good, but I sold mostly shirts. I'm not so surprised by that, but would have also loved to make some more money. But the positive side is obvious: People really like my shirts (still), which is a great feeling, because I really love making them (still). I think all together they looked awesome, and I'm proud of my work. It's unique, simple, and fun -- and it makes me feel accomplished when I see it all displayed together.

I have 2 more printing weeks, so I want to make them count. Today is about catching up. Tomorrow - back to the Corcoran.

No comments: