Tuesday, March 9, 2010

dear dave,

I feel weird. Spring is coming fast, and before I know it March will be over. A blur of temping, Chipotle, and dressy pants.

Im so looking forward to getting my creative life back.

Temping isn't bad at all, and I love my paycheck, but I feel like I'm living this alternate character's life. Up early, walking to work, filing charts, nursing fax machines, light banter with patients, lunch hour at the bookstore, afternoon chores -- All fine, but not me.

I'm in this weird mid-point where none of it is new, I should know how to do everything, I'm used to the whole routine, but it's not me! Like an over-stayed vacation. I'm ready to go back.

It's also weird because just before this whole temping thing I moved studios, so coming here still feels a little off also. Not bad off, just not what I'm used to. I feel strange.

Of course I KNOW and keep telling myself, this is temporary, but I still feel it.

No comments: