Monday, April 19, 2010



(branches print detail)

dear dave,

branches print missteps (notwithstanding), my branches print is coming along.

1. the warped boards DRIVE-ME-FUCKING-CRAZY. I just can't tolerate them, so I realize my only solution is to drive to home depot, buy two replacement boards, and reprint the mother fuckers. (such language!) They really are so twisted, and I don't see them ever getting better. Nailing the boards down helped in the printing, but in the end, they are still so warped.

2. I picked horrible colors for the leaves and blossoms, so my plan is to paint over them, and start over. I like the one above, so that will be the color combo for all. All the others are too bright, and the blossoms are hideous. What was I thinking??

I wanted to like them today. I just kept looking at them, knowing all along I hated them. I have to change them, or the whole print will never sit right with me.

So there, coming along (with changes).

I remember so vividly all my bsur press checks. The anxiety over picking the right ink colors, and potentially having to change EVERYTHING on the spot. The artwork mistakes. The same anxiety runs through me screen printing. Im always on edge until its all printed, and I feel resolved. Resolved that its all it can be, or impossible to change!

No comments: