Tuesday, April 13, 2010

recap

dear dave,

Resolved to make it to the corcoran today. This has gotten ridiculous!

My roadblock has been centered around this "branches" print I set out to make. Originally I wanted to make it on a huge board, but that presented two big problems - I could only make one, and I would have to struggle to get the giant board to Georgetown.

My solution was to do it on thinner boards, which I was thinking would work well all along, plus very easy to transport.

Last week I spent most of a morning getting the boards, priming the boards, painting the boards, and driving them to the corcoran. Not a small task, since each step involved multiple parts. It was like herding sheep.

All this to discover they were warped--just after I laid them out in the empty studio, ready for an afternoon of unencumbered printing. SCREECH. This wouldn't print well, I just knew it. Experience tells me to STOP and recalibrate.

Here I am, almost a week later, ready to go back. I'm going to nail them down to 2 x 4's to print flat, then un-nail them after.

FINGERS CROSSED! I leave in 30 minutes.

No comments: