Monday, May 24, 2010

dear dave,

Just like Tom, I feel a little let down today after the weekend of open studios. It's a rush to show work. To hang it and organize it (and finish it). To have a captive audience, and to sell prints I have worked so hard (and silently) on. Its all this giant crap shoot. Nobody ever knows how anything they do will be received.

I feel great about my work, and showing it. But suddenly that's all over. Its been seen. Its instantly old news. Of course that is dramatically overstating it, but deep down, that's how I feel. Its time to work on the new again.

Of course its Monday, which is always hard to tackle. But so far so good today. I added a lot of prints to my site, and am really liking my general format. So glad Ive found a layout that works, that's manageable, and adapts to new work.

Ok - on to other things.

No comments: