Thursday, June 24, 2010

dear dave,

feeling bogged down. My brain is stuck on one thing - one loop, that I'm not sure matters at all. I go into these editing comas. Everything important is put aside.

Had a fun shoot with Nate yesterday, but for completely understandable, and agreed upon terms, most of the pictures are not usable. Still I keep pouring over them, trying to fit what I can use into my existing portfolio. Sometimes things just don't work!

It's hard to come to that conclusion (as an artist). You put your heart and soul into something. There is an emotional connection to the work. You want it to be successful, to be happy with it. But I just can't get there. Sometimes you just need to cut it all off, and say: done, over, move on.

EXACTLY the same thing is playing out with my large prints. I feel like the moment is lost with them. I just can't make peace, and feel confident and proud.

I always fear that it's just me - my eye. It's hard to trust in myself (completely). Blah!

-------

I looked at an old bsur catalog yesterday, and was SHOCKED. How could I possibly have worked on that and been happy with it? Proud of it? Back then I thought it was pretty good. It was. Now it just seems ALL wrong.

------

DONE! OVER! MOVE ON!!

No comments: