Monday, June 14, 2010


fun house mirror for sale at Good Wood

dear dave,

"things come and go, but I don't"

I keep thinking about that little poem I wrote at urban outfitters on the cover of thier catalog. It just came out of me.

Anyway, I have the studio to myself today, and I'm enjoying the quiet morning. Its nice to be on my own, after a sunday spent running around here and there. Hex doesn't like to sit at home! The sun was scorching hot, so I felt like a soggy bag that he had to drag along. We went to the farmer's market in Dupont, the gay pride festival on Freedom Plaza, and Good Wood on U st. It was a lot of walking.

Saturday was productive at the Corcoran. I set out to make some small prints, using the leftover wood ends from my various boards. They are all super simple, but I like the combinations.

I intend to focus more on printing. ITs really hard because I am sooooooo easily distracted. I have to see that for what it is: future unhappiness. Only discipline will bring me happiness. Not all this lazy jerk off shit. (ha - I feel strongly)

Decided to put off photography for awhile. Happy with peter, and have hopes for my female model coming in today. That could be it, and I'd be happy with that. We'll see.

Ok - in the spirit of being productive, I'm going back to work!

No comments: