Monday, November 15, 2010

dear dave,

MONDAY!

A fresh page to write on.

Monster print angst continues. Pointed my car to home depot this morning to get more wood, only to turn towards the studio, thinking twice about it.

I guess the story of the past year is self doubt. Instead of doing something full force, I'm just softly moving forward (sideways and upside down). I'm viewing everything as a complication. A million if/then's. I wish I could stop this!

Happiness is an option. Go with what you know, and stick with it.

------

Yesterday was sunny and gorgeous. Driving with Tom to Ellen's yesterday, I was inspired to take a day off. A creative mental health day. Where I let myself be free to just enjoy what is around me. Soak up the inspiration. Go to a new place and do a new thing.

I've been driving my brain hard the past few months. Down on myself for my lack of progress/motivation/skill/endurance. I want to let go of that and enjoy where I am.  I really have it made.  I need to luxuriate in that for a bit, and smile, and see that everything is good, and the future is bright. Brighter then I realize.

No comments: