Wednesday, April 20, 2011


dear dave,

Above is another illustration for speakeasy. Open Mic theme is DAREDEVILS & YELLOW-BELLIES, stories about courage and cowardice.

I really like it. An earlier verison had a diferent chick, sort of being tossed out of the nest. I like this one- how he is brave and fearful at the same time. That is me!

I had a blast last night taping a segment on SWISH EDITION, a gay audio talk show based in DC. So much fun meeting and hanging out with Scott & Dale. I'm expecting big things from them - I'm really excited to see the show grow.

I'm taking a few days off from printing. It's nice not going back and forth to georgetown, hauling wood, making screens, and stressing out. I'm spending the time at my studio, working on more illustrations for SpeakeasyDC, and catching up.

Anxious to meet up with Dave K again, and shoot pictures of new shirts. It's been impossible to get together - one of us cancels, or we get rained out. Right now would be perfect. Hazy lazy sun, a slight breeze, and warm air. Wish he was here!

Back to drawing, and lazing around...

so nice

No comments: