Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dear Dave,

Good night tonight at openstudioDc. It's always nice to listen and watch as strangers encounter my work. Of course I never know how much to interact, or I guess I mean I have to force myself to interact. I can be soooo shy. I feel so naked standing there. A few positive beats later, and I gain some confidence. Just wish I could get from there to there faster. Too many missed opportunities (maybe)?

Anyway, nice to hear when people recognize my work, and make quick and easy connections. Like tom goss just said over chips and salsa: you feel like all the work you've done is paying off.

Made a metro trek (with hexy) out to Arlington arts center today. Scoping out the gallerys in preparation for a '12 solo show proposal (regrettably due tomorrow). Excited to give it a try. Seems like the right step. But if course it was a struggle when I got back to write. What do I do? What's my theme?

After a thoughtful talk with caroline tonight, I realize I just need to stay basic-and true to myself. Beware of that Axis trap I fell into a few months ago. So hopefully I can work it all out tomorrow. It will be a challenge.

Tomorrow is Friday, then weekend, then July 4th. Last year at this time I was shooting naked (then briefed) sexy Peter. Year before I was deep with Dave K, who I miss!

What will this summer hold?? I feel like it's going to start again. I'
m excited to see where it leads.



Very hopeful about the few seeds Im planting-

No comments: