Friday, August 26, 2011

dear dave,

I feel better because I just ate, and took an inspirational break in georgetown.  I miss walking the streets and stepping into my old haunts there.  Felt nice to take some time to myself, and just be.  I've been cooped up in my studio all week (month), especially since the print studio has closed.

anyway, nice to be out.  Not many magazines to review at Barnes and Noble, but love the Paper Source, Baked & Wired, American Apparel (confirmed my negative suspicions about women's tri tees) and Apple. Always nice to see branddave.com on an ipad.  One day I'll get one...

Urban Outfitters is probably my favorite.  There is such a cool vibe there.  I always leave inspired.  It's always changing creatively.  Core products exist, but the store is a living growing thing.  So much creativity and ingenuity.  I love it.

Back at the studio, and feel a little refreshed.  I want to be creative.  I'm so focused on the holidays, and having a lot of new fun stuff to sell.  But I keep avoiding actually drawing anything.  And cards keep sucking me back into uncertainty mode.

I've got to push off the gravity of cards, and move on.  That is my goal.

No comments: