Saturday, February 25, 2012

A moment (to remember??)

Sitting at Starbucks, stalled. I was starving, so I came over from the print studio.

Long line, no seats. Got my bagel and sat out on the deck, in the cold, sun, and wind. Second half of my bagel blew off the table and onto the deck (that windy). I ate it anyway.

Moved downstairs, inside, and grabbed the paper. Nothing seemed interesting to read, so I called Hex.

Frustrated with my work, as usual. The prints I'm working on today that is. Thought I had prepped screens, but I didn't. Missing some positives, anxious about my dark backgrounds, and generally just bogged down. It's a tough print to make, and I'm feeling negative (as usual this stage in the process)

Corcoran studio is busy with students, and we are in each others way. Hate that. Hopefully when I return it will be quieter.

Wearing my shitty dirtbag printing jeans and shoes, bundled up in my coat, dried ink all over my dry, cracked hands. I'm a mess! My head is kind of achy. All I want to do is go home, but I can't. I've got to make it work.

I'm going back now.

No comments: