Saturday, April 21, 2012

dear dave,

exciting morning selecting a site for Artomatic.

Such a fun thing to be a part of, and always exciting seeing the vast empty space, meeting all the quirky artsy characters, and thinking about how it all will transform into a giant repository of creativity, fun and angst.

it's all ahead, and I love that.  The potential!

Hex and I heard that PEEPS would be on 8, so we rushed there first.  But it was quiet and the layout was all cut up.  We were directed to a large back room that seemed good, so I picked a nice space there.  Then we walked to the other floors, and discovered 9 was where PEEPS would be, and ALL the energy was there (and many of the great spaces taken).  Luckily I found a good one (that I could double up), and we were able to make the switch easily.

SO - I have a huge wall on a good cut-through hallway on the 9th floor where all the action will be.  PLUS -- there is no space in front for somebody to put up a crazy installation last minute.  I should be golden.  Now it's all about figuring out what to hang.  The fun part!

------

meanwhile, here we sit at the studio, doors open, and not much traffic at all for our afternoon open studio.  Oh well --

It's nice to have the day off printing, but I feel guilty!  So many prints are out in the world now, waiting to be bought.  But now I need more for artomatic.  I can't be content with just hanging the leftovers.

But as usual, the semester is ending, and I need to focus on printing exactly what I need.  NO FLUFF.

Now that I know the space it should be easier.  should be a lot of fun.

No comments: