Wednesday, June 6, 2012

dear dave,

good day > right direction.  Less time spent avoiding, more time spent doing.

((((notice the word "less" is used instead of the word "no"))))

Hectic few days at UPS and post office.  Mistakes all around.

Finally got on course and mailed everything out, after 1 trip to UPS, 2 to the post office, 1 wasted and one 15 minutes too early, and 2 trips to the counter (after waiting in line).

Hex just arrived, more later

------
later:

anyway, things got done today -which is good.  Biggest accomplishment was getting all my wood bought and cut for PARK reprints.  A big job at Home Depot.  Plywood is HUGE and HEAVY, and I needed to be choosy and get the non-warped, close-to-perfect pieces.  1-2-3-4-5 off the pile, chose 2, then 1-2-3-4-5 back on the pile.  My back may hurt tonight.

Getting them cut can be an ordeal.  One misstep (cut so the grain was wrong direction) slowed me down.  Soooo lucky I got another guy to help me the second time, because my first helper was really over the whole thing.  I stashed the wrong cut pieces away back on the shelf (guilty).

Got 6 great pieces and a lot of terrific scrap for other future prints.  Loaded them all in the miata trunk (hanging out) and then hauled them up the studio staircase.  Next up is painting each.

These 6 pieces are going to be with me a lot the next few weeks.  Painted > off to the corcoran > printed > back to the studio > framed.

It's a big task -but worth it!


now I'm off to the gym.  I'm getting fat, and nobody likes that.

No comments: