Sunday, July 1, 2012

dear dave,

working SUnday because Hex is.  Not really working, but fiddling at the studio.

Big story is the insane heat, and bad wind storm Friday night (which knocked out power everywhere but here).

It's sooooooooooooo hot.  Just walking a few blocks drains every bit of motivation.  Hex and i went to the farmers market and had to rest twice inside on our way back.  That is just crazy,

Had a solid day at the corcoran yesterday.  Finished 3 (ordered and paid for) prints and set myself up nicely for next session.

Was soooooo happy to find all the positives and cut-outs for "You don't scare me" monster print I made over a year ago.  There they were, buried in my bloated, messy, unorganized drawer.  Every time I go through it I get so overwhelmed.  Did well yesterday, threw a lot away.  But towards the end I just had to stuff it all back in again.  It can be so overwhelming and unwieldy.  All the little pieces of past prints.  Not my forte!! (staying well organized).

ANYWAY, just got a commission to remake that print, so I was super happy to save all that time and have all that work finished already.  Inks will take a lot of time too, but I'll just have to suck it up.

Magic Mike last night - channing tatum great, movie bad.  Such a lame story.

Cleaned my keyboard today - what a fucking mess!

ok - clearly time to sign off.  Not feeling much like writing anymore.


No comments: