Saturday, October 20, 2012

dear dave,

manic day today at the corcoran, having a hard time getting back on the print bike.  Weird little problems plagued me all day - couldn't find my positives (in my nest of positives), screens washed out (because the light table was burned out) etc. etc.  In the end, I got a great print done.  So great that I don't want to give it away, I want to make another (more generic?) version.  We'll see what I do - kind of rough to think I might have to make it all over again.

Saturdays here are rough.  Class is in full swing, and the studio is crowded with people going different paces.

Yesterday I pushed to get christmas cards done and off to the printer, because they were having a big huge sale.  I was soooooo happy I waited a day (without knowing) before ordering.  Then when I saw the sale I realized I had to go in 5th gear to take advantage.

Pushed through 3 designs that I NOW have second thoughts about (because Hex was kind of cool to them).  He planted seeds of doubt, and I just watered them.  It's always hard sharing work!  I get way to happy with it, and see in it what I want to.  Opinions sometimes don't match.  Anyway, I ordered a bunch, but there is always plenty of time to change course.

It's hard to make decisions about these things (but I LOVE having the control to).  What will people like?  What will sell?  Its ALWAYS a guess.  I fool myself into thinking otherwise.

But sometimes...after all the choices are made, I have the best idea, and it throws everything into chaos.

--------

So I'm finishing here (corcoran) early (3pm) to get home then off to Hex's sister's (for party).

Ok with leaving a little early.  I need a break.  All the weekend working (3 now!) catches up with me.  I'm a little spent.

No comments: