Friday, January 11, 2013

another one of those days that makes me feel crazy grateful and happy and lucky.  warm, fuzzy, and a little choked up.  Things come around full circle.

Hexy and i woke up really early to meet up with Joe at Axis and install prints in the windows and throughout the salon.  I knew the giant half circle would be tough, and it was.  Simple at first, but hard and awkward to get straight and secure.  Funny, because Joe really did most of the work.  Up and down the extra tall ladder, and all over the salon.  A reversal from all of our other installs.

Two hours later we were finished and all looked great!  Then I went back a little later and met up with Joy, the new owner.

Some people you meet, and there is just this spark.  This brightness and happiness and camaraderie.  It's like your smile reflects off of theirs, and it's all bright eyes, smiles, laughter, and rapport.  Joy is just so cool, and I just felt this calm and happiness.  We made plans for an opening party, and other things, and I left walking on air.

And I remember that is how Joe made me feel (times 10), all those years back, before I was out.  He was (is) such a bright star, and such a huge influence.

And my dear sweet Hexy.  How can I begin to talk about my love for him, and his impact, help, influence, etc. etc.  It's limitless.

Thinking about it all, I get overwhelmed.  I feel super blessed, and grateful.

No comments: