Monday, January 28, 2013

dear dave,

had a great last few days.  Wish I took the time to record more.  Now I'm just going to blur it all up and miss things.

Thursday night -- Axis Open house was great.  The salon looked so cool, all cleaned up and perfectly party lit.  Had a great time talking with people about my work, process, and their dogs.  Everybody has fun stories to tell about their dogs!

So far the whole Axis experience has exceeded all expectations.  I've had this draggy, super-reluctant attitude about each step and event, and then was completely happy and psyched with the outcome.  It's ridiculous.  The whole thing has been awesome.

Saturday I had a fun time shooting pictures.  First with Freddy, then Allison.  Freddy was great, but Allison was just terrific - as I had hoped.  Finally found a model for women's tees.  Really happy about that.  I was thinking we would have a hard time shooting in the blah studio, with blah light, tee shirts.  But she made it happen.  Looked great, was happy and fun, and really cool.  Just awesome.

Sunday was out annual bday dinner for Jimmy (78).  Lasagna and marshmallow cake.  All went really well.  Good vibes and yummy food.  And of course, Hex beat me in Chinese checkers!

It's another Monday, and I need to draw!  so I'm going to.


No comments: