Monday, May 20, 2013

dear dave,

Monday after the big MCAweekend.  Not such a great success, but feeling relieved it's through.  All I can do is stay positive and keep working.

Such a crazy schedule last week, trying to tie up the 1000 loose ends I had left for myself.  Most my energy has gone towards squeezing out prints at the corcoran, which didn't leave much time to do all the other things.  I had so many things to do, and last wed-sat morning I just kept plowing forward though it all.

But it was a rainy weekend, and there were a lot of other events going on, and people just didn't come like they have in the past.  It was more of a trickle instead of a flow, and a real energy sucker.  Sold some things, and got some laughs, but can't help but feel disappointed.  (but not totally surprised).  It's been a tough spring.

I keep comparing it to my stellar year last year.  I was flying HIGH, and felt so confident about the future.  so many irons in the oven, and everything just seemed to be working out so well.  This year has been a complete contrast.

Things are just different.  I don't know why - but they are.

-----
today I took it pretty easy, but tomorrow is the start of a new chapter: summer!  I have work to do, and will just keep plowing ahead.  Corcoran closed for a few weeks, so I can concentrate on other things.  NEW.  I really need NEW.

stay positive!!!

No comments: