Monday, July 29, 2013

new bio written today for Pulp:



Branddave was born while on a walk with my dog along a steep path in Rock Creek Park.  After working for many years at a t-shirt company I helped found, I was frustrated, and wanted a different outlet for my creativity.  A place where I had complete control, and total freedom.

All my artwork starts out as a simple drawing on newsprint.  Not really planned, just very spontaneous.  It's inspired by pop culture, my dog Remi, silly things online, and all the magazines I've obsessively read and collected for nearly 20 years.

I try to capture humor and awkwardness in my drawings--something really simple that will make someone smile.  

The original drawings then inspire me to go in different directions.  One could make a great card with just the right caption, or another could work on it's own, as a print.  They get mixed and match, all into this crazy world I've created called Branddave.

No comments: