Tuesday, January 14, 2014

dear dave,

Somebody commented on ALONE (what chain of events led to this ridiculous moment, me sitting in the park, alone?), and it got me thinking about the memory behind it.

When I wrote it, it just came out without much thought.  But I know it's connected to a moment senior year in college.  I would borrow my grandmother's car, drive around town, and get donughts late night, after they were just cooked.

Sundays we were on our own to eat dinner, no cafeteria.  I remember driving to a park one spring night, sitting there by myself, eating something (mcDonalds??) in the car, and feeling so lonely.

All the fun and friends from months before were evaporating.  Kelly was in italy.  The other Kelly was busy with Matt.  Kristof was screwing his girlfriend, Dave had his.  I just remember feeling so alone, and wondering why.


No comments: