Tuesday, April 15, 2014

taxes finished, which always feels good.

A return to colder weather, after a fun in the sun weekend.

Saturday: printed at corcoran (struggled!), and metro'd to rossylyn for pollo rico with sheon and co.  Nice to walk the key bridge for a movie in Georgetown, and then Hexy and I walked home afterwards.  Fun and memorable.

Sunday: Hex got up early, and made another plum buckle (4th or 5th??).  We walked downtown to picnic with Sheon and Daniel and Tanya under the cherry blossoms.  Perfect weather, warm and breezy.  Super crowded, but that was expected.

We walked home tired and hot, and bogged down with our spent food and coffee.  Napped then rallied and metro'd out to Rockville for quick 2 games of parcheesi (and fries).  Lots of fun and spontaneous, and a great way to keep the spirit of the spring weekend going.

Yesterday I was back at the corcoran, and made a bully pegboard.  A good conclusion to a battle in my mind (what to print on this pegboard?? (for H St))

Such a struggle this spring > stale shows, slow sales, waning creativity, frustration.  As much as I want new, I need something!  These print days come up, and I need to fill the time, and have something to show for it.  It turns into a cycle of creative despair. <being dramatic>  Rather then do nothing, I have to do something.  Just waiting for some sort of breakthrough.

Corcoran is just this swamp of breaking equipment, messy tables, flooding drains, tight quarters, crazy characters, stretched supplies.  Every time I arrive I have to assess the situation.  Never go in feeling inspired and excited.  Always a little mix of dread, anxiety, frustration and impatience.  Clearly, that's not optimal for growing and changing and challenging myself.  I guess I'm just waiting for time to force a change.

No comments: