Monday, August 3, 2015

great successful weekend chock full of activities.

Dog days went well -- all the prep paid off.  We started around 12 on Saturday, and 1 on Sunday.  Story District event at TOWN Saturday night, and HAZE preview Sunday in VA.  All lots of fun, and put me in touch with fans, which is so helpful.  Weather was blistering, but time was on our side because the shade came in pretty quickly.  Drank lots of ice tea.

Saturday was the better day - usually is.  People are ready to spend. So nice to have Mer back again this year!

Nice to get the feedback on designs, in terms of what people like and ignore.  Fancy/schmancy is a dud!  cat with paws up a hit!  Ignored birds is a dud, but bossy squirrel always makes people laugh.  Bitches is losing it's luster, but why I otter is still a hit.  And this time I heard nothing about how small women's shirts are.  Funny.  Oh - and lots of kid's tees requests.

Sold a bunch of little prints, a few mugs, lots of shirts, and tons of cards.  People really love stocking up on $1 cards!

Prices were low, but I wanted to keep the sidewalk sale vibe.  Nice to be back in the neighborhood, but had to explain many times about my move, and my new (hard to envision for people) location.

Last minute flag t was a hit!  Really happy to have found a simple design to get rid of all my large dark shirts.  Ha - such a bsur move.  I remember amassing all that dead blank stock and printing random one-color designs on it all.  so many memories…

Anyway, lazy Monday (but aren't they all??).  Super hot, home stretch through summer.  I want to make the most of it, as always!!  Fall always comes up so fast.

No comments: