Sunday, July 8, 2007

and when it comes, you'll feel the weight of it


dear dave.
thinking about sitting on my cot, in the grand canyon, listening to Blur really loud on my Discman, avoiding contact with my fellow travelers, who are mingling over beers. The beautiful canyon all around. The hot sun and my great all purpose soap. My secret perch. Such a distinct place and time. The beginning.

No class this week. odd week - lots of free time. Very summer. Steamy weather and cold drinks. Shorts and flip flops. Feel like going to the pool, and baking in the sun. Popsicles and the good humor man with apple gum. The dime on the street in front of the Holman's house. LAWNS! Smelly gas and sticky thick grass. The curtain on hte sliding glass door. Soap operas and diet lunches. Tina and Mary Jane. Sue glorious sue. Ahhh - memories. Fantastic memories.

No comments: