Monday, March 31, 2008

2 for the money

dear dave,

friday was good, saturday was better, and sunday crashed.

Friday
came home and set up my mobile so I could film it. Felt manic, becasue I wanted the light to last, and the mobile is very fragile, and my camera battery kept fizzling, and I hadnt eaten enough.

Got some good shots, and went to work on music. Put together something I was really into, them rough cut the video. But nothing was working as well as I had expected. hard to find a beat, and the music was awkward. Not typical of my other video projects so far.

Saturday
Print class went well. Slow progress, but progress. Very worried that I am going to ruin my print, because I am so happy with it so far. Every step feels fatal. But things went ok. And I felt great. Shot a lot of video also -- clips at the park, and in class. Added some to my mobile video, but again, not working. Worked on a blog post, but have second thoughts about posting it. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself. Also, signed up for ARTOMATIC. Now I know I am getting ahead of myself.

Sunday
Blah - until much later in the day, when I went back to work on hte video. Found my groove - although I still feel unsettled with it. Hmmmm.

odds and ends
Worked out getting equipment for 48hour project. But wish I could practice with it. But that is an expensive option. We'll see. Glad to realize that I need a better camera, but is it more problems then its worth? I'm concerned about all the technical aspects of this.

Artomatic - must work on new prints. Go into heavy production. Set up is weekend after filming. Oh no.

ok - thats all for now.

No comments: