Wednesday, July 2, 2008

fly eater



dear dave

Yesterday was the 6 year anniversary for Remi and I. I will always remember the thrill and anticipation of picking her up. I wanted everything to go perfectly, and for her to be instantly trained. I remember taking her to petsmart, and it was really really hot. She wilted a bit, and wouldnt stop getting into my lap as I was driving.

Last night I took her to Great Falls, so she could run around unfettered, and I could soak up the woodsy air. IT was really nice, and reminded me of old times, when she was a puppy. That was such a fun summer.

Its a short week, and we have no class Saturday. I like printing this summer, but I lag as always. Below is my third one-off print. Its crazier but more organized at the same time. We had a crit session last week, and a lot of comments were made about how my characters seem sort of melancholy. I thought that was very insightful. I like them to be wistful, reaching, tortured. This last print just pushed that up 5 notches.

worked a bit in Garage Band last night. LOVE IT. I really love making music "collages". Maybe its just masturbation, but its fun.

No comments: