Tuesday, March 22, 2011

dear dave,

so much change - it's all around me.

i had a mini-breakdown Sunday, after hex and I left Cliff's apartment.  Thinking about Cliff leaving really struck me.  his apartment has been a constant all these years.  The site of so many good times.  Friends moving away from DC, and moving back.  Fabulous parties. My 30th surprise.  movie night with Jeanette. High heel races.  oscar parties.  jenga.  Butter. Remi. Hex. Richelle.

There are sooooo many memories wrapped up there.  cliff joked that it's like the end of a great sitcom.  That's so true.  I will miss his place on Willard, and more importantly, i will really miss him.

------

I have been so busy the past few weeks.  Wrapping up big projects that have tentacles of tasks and shopping demands.  I've been to Home depot & Ace Hardware multiple times.  It's all stretched me really thin.  I feel washed out!

Many of the big things will be finished (accomplished) this week.  I know there will be this horrible vacuum of regret and emptiness after it's all done.  There is always this hangover I feel.

But anyway, I've been busy, and look forward to a moment to catch my breath, and chart my course.

No comments: