Tuesday, October 9, 2012

dear dave,

I get in these busy bubbles, and everything extra gets pushed aside -- blogging, depositing checks, ordering cards.  Friday comes and I am tied up until Wednesday again.  crazy.

Let's see - quick rundown:

Friday was good.  Prepared for Del Ray festival and switched out prints at BUZZ Ballston.  Left my hammer - which sucks.  happy with my new work there though.  Think it's a better collection.

Saturday was terrific.  We got there late - thinking people would start showing up to buy around 11.  of course we were off by about 2 hours!  We hit the ground running.  hex was able to lift the tent by the time I came back after parking the zipcar ($100).

It was a fun fun (cold, windy) day.  So much infectious enthusiasm for branddave.  A lot of people recognized me from Artomatic and Buzz, which was so cool.  Lots of fun stories and associations.  Dog stories, and bossy squirrel stories.  This was really my market.

We did well, and had a lot of fun.  Great fuel to keep this machine going!

Saturday night we had Pho with Rodsa.  Just terrific and yummy and soothing and perfect.

Sunday was my birthday! It was dark and cold and rainy, but so nice to just be lazy with a tired Hex.  We skipped Teaism for eggs and bacon at home, and ventured out to the farmers market and studio.  Sunday night we grilled out in Rockville with Mom & Dad.  3 awesome steaks, parsley potatoes, cheesy cauliflower, and chocolate marshmallow cake.  Perfection.  All very warm and cozy and memorable.

Yesterday I was back to work.  Printed most of the day at the corcoran -- today too.  Gearing up for MCA open studios this weekend.  Busy Busy - orders coming in, and prints selling.  Lucky Dave.

Things are going well.  It's a good time.  Big events have been weathered well, and I feel like I can look more ahead now.  And I'm excited for the next few weeks and months.  Cheerful and ready.


No comments: