Friday, February 22, 2013

dear dave,

struggling with my schedule today - what to print?  On what wood?  What size?  When?

I try to juggle all the pieces to get the PERFECT combo, and then seize up.  Maybe that drawing sucks?  Why print that so big?  Maybe I shouldn't print today after all.

Everything gets fucked up, I loose focus and motivation, and nothing feels right.

Timing is so important.  Printing takes planning, and sometimes all the planning ruins everything.  My excitement for something fizzles -- I talk myself out of the great mood, and anything that may result.

Tomorrow is a full day of printing, and I have a lot on my plate.  But -- it all feels kind of like "obligation" printing.  I think it will come out well, but I'm pushing in my mind for some new things.  Its sooooo much fun when it's a little looser and freehand.  But right now it can't be that way.

The grass is ALWAYS greener!  When I'm printing stuff to order, I want to be doing all new stuff.  When I can do all new stuff, I don't want to - I can't come up with any ideas, I just want to print to order.

Oh the angst!

No comments: