Wednesday, February 19, 2014

dear dave,

on the same path, but got a big break (which is probably bad).

yesterday was a mad dash to finish zzz.  Few hiccups, and a packed studio added time to the whole endeavor, but I got it done, framed, and delivered to BUZZ all in good time.  Worth it after seeing the really appreciative tweet this morning.  Next time I need to think things through better.  Just because something is possible doesn't mean it has to happen.

This morning a had a great coffee with Cheryl.  Nice to catch up and gab.  I do that so little lately.  Im either with hex & remi, or the TV or my computer.  It was nice to have an hour of yacking.

Today was a little bust.  i got early word that a show I was stressing out about will be pushed back.  Great, because I will have more time to prepare well, but bad becasue it takes the pressure off.  I need more pressure.

Actually it really is a good thing, because it made my schedule impossible.  Tasks were competing, and something was going to have to give.  Now I can make new work for Buzz and Trohv without trouble.

On metro this morning I looked back at old notes to myself, written on my phone.  All my fears about leaving bsur, working on my own, making money, and struggling with my laziness.  All the same stuff.  Most interesting was thinking back on that last year at bsur.  The lost and long days of waiting for 6, and then just praying I could get out the door without having to review anything.  Day after day after day.  Crazy.

No comments: