Friday, April 8, 2016

pushing myself to draw daily, and stay positive.  And make a different choice…

coffee with Tommy today

yesterday I found a new spot to draw in my studio -- near the door, natural light, and most importantly away from my (((fucking))) screen(s).

I realize I have ceased to draw.  Only when I absolutely need to, and my muscles and brain are so out of shape because of it.

When I read back in this blog, one thing that I always come back to is my frustration with drawing.  It's such a push pull thing for me.  Sometimes I think that I really just don't enjoy it.  Sometimes I convince myself that I can't do it (which turns into a giant wall of despair.)   I wish I had more command over my hand.  It's more like it spasms once in a blue moon and a drawing results.

Anyway - so much angst.  NOTHING will be accomplished if I don't try.  I need to try more.

No comments: