Friday, August 5, 2022

 Oh dear Dave, what a time.


Way overdue on the blog.  Do I catch myself up?  

 June was a shitshow.  Hex back from LA, with covid, then I got it, and it just fucking lingered.  Lying around became the norm.  I was so lazy and unmotivated and just sick.  I worked thru some of it, but it was rough.  I would lay on my studio floor and nap.

July became a blur.  Felt much better and just trucked along on all fronts.  I guess mostly on cards and prints and finishing up what I didn't get to in june.  Sales at SM were a great in june, so that gave me peace in july.  and another hallmark extension.  And tees for pixie. 


Here we are in AUGUST, and I resolved to get so much done and prepped for holidays.  WELL, here we are already one week down, and practically all my time went to prep for Dog days this weekend, which I never know about.  

Rain?  Bad designs, wrong colors, wrong sizes?  Ugh, I get so scared that I made a 1000 wrong choices.  Here I am with it all finished, and I want to change everything.

 

Went into the week picking a new color pallet of shirts after bad choices.  Yellow was gross, and purple too.  But was that a bad choice???  I just don't know.  And made a ton of totes - white!  And pink!  I like them, but with people like them?  UGH

Lots of soul-searching today as I tried to finish up and take stock of everything.  Yesterday I went thru old drawings from first months of BSUR, and made me so nostalgic, and then freaked out about how 30!!!! Years have passed, but I'm back to the same headspace and energy.  Making these little jokey drawings and tees, and wondering / hoping if people will like them / buy them.

 At that time, Adam was rocket fuel.  Somebody who loved my work, saw its potential, and PAID ATTENTION.  Constant attention.  I realize now I CRAVE THAT ! ! !  I've had so little feedback for so long.  IG has dried up, and SM feels so removed.  Hallmark too, and storydistrict.  All these sources of feedback are gone.  I feel so isolated and sometimes very lost.

 

Anyway, lots of angst, but probably misplaced.  If history is a guide, tomorrow will be great.  Some misses, but lots of hits.  And hopefully good sales.  

 

FINGERS CROSSED !

No comments: