Sunday, March 4, 2007

half price burger night




dear dave,
What a productive weekend, after a productive week. Got my print and frame pulled together for the arlington show. Hope we (megan too) get selected and SOLD!!! That would be so great. So happy to have found a great cheap frame to use. Managed to pull it together with megan at class on saturday. What would I do without her - and her extra paper? I would be lost. Print looked great when all was said and done. Who cares if its a little crooked? I can never seem to make things perfect. To get the A+. Oh well. Love megan's story about her sold sharpie drawing. "a living piece" LOVE IT.

Managed to start on a new print, that I am really excited about. Photos and detail above. Wish I had a chance to work on it more, but had no time (or wasted too much time, depending how you look at it) I figure my time is mine, I can do whatever I want with it. Move at your own pace. Life is suppossed to be fun. I made peace with my class laziness.

Trying to use new colors on this print, and make it simple but sophisticated. of course by the pictures, it looks black, but it's not. After my last crazy print, I want something more organized and controlled. We'll see how that works out. Another new thing -- starting with 17 pages plus proof, numbered. Will try to print in sequence during the whole run. A fun test of my patience I guess. I think the first five will be great, and the last 5 will suck. THe proof will probably be my favorite. It usually is.

Last picture above is megan printing. I love it. I was driving her crazy taking pictures of her - but I love this one. I love the strength. I hope she sees it and likes it too.

No news from Red Tree. Don't know what to think about that.

SO MUCH PERSONAL PROGRESS LATELY! Found and bought couch! Probably the most important milestone in months (besides hex) oh hex...want to write so much about him, but I will stop myself. --He gave me a plant last night, a potted cutting from a huge plant at his house. I instantly cherish it.

cruise on friday. wow. more later...

ps - excited about michael's news. hmmmm

No comments: