Tuesday, April 6, 2010



dear dave,

crazy day with frustrating results:

1. Tried to upload artwork photos and self portrait to mid-city site. Took much longer then I expected because I kept thinking the photos were losing half their appeal when they were uploaded. Had to throw in the towel and be happy with what I had.

2. Actually thought I could get this gigantic piece of plywood into my Miata, to take to the Corcoran studio. What was I thinking?? It was about twice the size of the space it could fit in.

So I was stuck another day, unable to print. I ended up going anyway, thinking I would start on a smaller piece of wood. Better then nothing, right? No. So I made screens, and plan to continue tomorrow, with planks. I just couldn't bring myself to crop out that much of the shape.

3. Lost my sunglasses. Between driving, parking, printing, and returning to my car, they disappeared. Nowhere. FUCK.

above: branches in progress

No comments: