Friday, April 23, 2010

Fridays are for:

bringing Remi to work
reflecting on the week
picking up
forgiving myself
new directions
new order
plaid shirts
returning emails
feeling happy about what happened thursday
calming down

My thursday was SHITTY, so Im happy to be feeling better Friday. Car is in the shop so Im studio-bound for today.

Wednesday I had a mini breakdown while I was trying to finish BRANCHES. This print has caused more angst then that movie camera print I attempted for Alison before Christmas. So many false starts and missteps.

I just couldnt make peace with it. I started up printing the leaves again, only to SCREW IT UP again. Then I told myself to use the narrower boards I bought the day before. I absolutly resolved to let go of the wider (warped!) boards, only to revese my decision 5 minutes later. That little change just RUINED the entire flow of the print. 1 inch made all the difference.

So I painted over my screwed up leaves on the wider boards (second time) then went back to the complete and utter frustration over the fact that these boards are sooo warped anyway, and I will never be able to fix that.

I couldnt move forward. I was standing there with all this blocked out time to print, boards and screens all prepared, ink/tape/sponge/bucket all laid out, PARALYZED.

I decided to put everything away, drive to another Home Depot, brave traffic, and HOPE that I could buy replacement boards. The right ones this time.

BINGO! I found them. Traffic was horrible, but I made it, bought them, and headed home.

On the way, I heard this weird, distinct CLUNK, then tick tick tick tick tick. I pulled over, couldnt figure out what it was, but knew it was bad. Not wanting to be stuck there, I decided to drive home anyway, anxious all the way that my car would just suddenly stop.

Next day, car in shop, I get the news: $2100 to fix.

The BRANCHES will have to wait. Still.

No comments: