Tuesday, July 26, 2011

bitter iced tea

dear dave,

Lousy monday was topped off by bad news about crafty bastards.  Didn't make the cut again!

Can't help but feel a bit of a blow to my confidence.  The highs of friday are instantly lost.  This week is all anxiety and frustration.  Somehow I need to shake it off and move on - but it's lingering, and it's only tuesday.

Had a successful saturday at the corcoran.  Almost done with my birdseed table, and made 2 more seedling prints.  I'm really into those.  I like the color and the energy.  They are a nice contrast to my other recent prints.

Birdseed table is never ending.  It's a black hole of little dit-dee-dit work.  Anxious to finish it up, and move on.

I've all of a sudden been showered with found wood.  I really have no idea where to store it, and that makes me anxious, so I think I need to unload more prints faster, which makes me more anxious.  How?  I can't seem to find outlets.  What I'm doing now is not cutting it.  I'm frustrated.  It's a loop in my head with no release. I can't make more prints if I'm not selling what I have.  I'm not selling what I have so I need to make more.

I don't know.  And I don't know why all of a sudden my ice tea is bitter.  Same mix, same water, same everything.  But now it's bitter.  Maybe picking up something from the fridge.  I don't know, and that frustrates me too.

My body is tightly wound.  I don't like this feeling!

No comments: