Thursday, November 17, 2011

dear Dave,

went through lots of pictures yesterday, sprucing up my site and thinking about the holidays.  Looking through all the underwear shots with Peter.  All the nudes.  Wish so badly I could use them somehow.  I really think they are great -- he's GREAT, but not for the site anymore.

I want a public place to put this stuff, but not on my site.  It's part of me, but not something I'm ready to show to EVERYBODY.  I always feel so stymied by this question.  Self satisfaction vs. public disclosure. looking back it's really hard to believe I included all those nudes with my prints at Artomatic.  That's not a choice I would make now.

Will I ever (again)?  I like to think so, because I know in my heart, that is my fuel.  Whatever public face I show, that stuff (male sexuality) is just below the surface.  It drives me hard, always has.  I need to accept that, and build on it.

No comments: