Wednesday, May 16, 2012

dear dave,

Last night I took off at 5:30 and made the trek with my beloved Remi to Great Falls.  She really really needed to run, and I needed a break.

It was incredibly magical.  The woods smelled (and sounded) terrific, sweet and damp, with tons of bugs and frogs singing.  It all brought back so many memories of taking her there after work, and walking the loop.  Teaching her to be a good dog, and just enjoying the peace.  it really is an amazing place.

Of course she jumped through the mud - just like she always does.  Good old Remi.  She had a blast, and I did too.

The drive home was just as fantastic.  Radio blaring new Madonna, top down, empty dark roads, driving along the canal and the Potomac.  Such a great great time.

------
Things have slowed a bit at work since Monday.  I should be gearing up for Open Studios this weekend, but my body and mind is spent.  I keep pushing along, but on an empty tank.  Big plans to make tons of shirts, and shift prints around (Trohv / Buzz) are slowly devolving into just a few shirts, and sticking with what I have at the studio.  It's been hard to stay in 5th gear.  Last week wiped me out.

BUT -- June is a cliff.  I have to remember that!  Just like January, all this excitement will dissipate, and my email box will slowly empty.  This is the week to push!

There, I've done my best to psyche myself out.  KEEP PUSHING, and ride the wave.

No comments: