Thursday, May 24, 2012

dear dave,

what a terrific day off yesterday, spent with Hexy, doing fun things.  We were so busy!

Drove out to Butler's to pick strawberries.  A fun spring ritual that I have to talk Hex into every year.  He wanted to just buy them at the store, but I managed to get him out in the field.

You know sometimes when you have a mental orgasm?  Your whole body and mind is just happy and stimulated.  You feel pure exhilaration.

Walking towards the cute field helper in the distance (at his pick-up handing out boxes) after parking in the grass, through the fresh cut grass/hay, on the hillside, breezy gentle wind, birds singing, muffled sounds of mother's and kids in the fields, bugs buzzing, with Hex, in the sun, mid week morning - I had that orgasm.  I just felt so happy in the moment.  All the memories of being with mom and family and friends years past, (in those same fields) came rushing back.  I just felt so incredibly happy.

The day just followed from there.  We picked quickly, then went back to Rockville to make shortcake, and waited for mom and dad to return from the dentist.

More memories flooded back, being in the quiet house, just Hex and I.  Baking in the kitchen together, thinking about all the thousands of times I've been there before.  It was such a magical moment.

Then Hex went into the living room and started gently playing the piano.  Just thinking about that brings me to tears sitting here writing about it.  It just felt so special.  I will never forget it!  

The rest of the day continued on like this.  It was one of those days I'll never forget.  Planting basil, burning pizza, escaping the rain, making more biscuits, strawberry apple smoothies, House Hunter's with Bill.

I am so lucky to have Hex to share these things with.  I love him (forever).

No comments: