Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Getting more adjusted to being in the new studio (all day)

It starts out like detention, then gradually feels more normal.  I really like the view and feel out my sliding glass door, and the quiet hum of air conditioners.  Reminds me a lot of Tenley -- that more residential feel.  Much more calming then the crazy traffic and sidewalk noise on 14th.

I cleaned out the bathroom (print) clutter, and hung a bunch of prints.  Happy with the result.  Not completely content with the overall look of shelf clutter, but it will get better as things get settled -- or I'll just get over myself.  It's a studio first, gallery second.

Weird to be going though this all again, after the big transition in October.  But I don't think I ever felt settled in the studio after I made that change.  Somebody called it "abandoned space", and that's really true.  It was amazing to have all that room, but I felt like an empty nester.  The scale of this new space feels better for one person.  And the deck is just a huge amazing bonus.


No comments: