Friday, September 4, 2015

Ugh - i really hate this time of year.

It always gets me down.  Lamenting the end of summer "freedom" and transitioning into the Fall.  Cold, dark, anxious.  It's bazaar cell memory from years of school and then bsur.  Fall always equaled stress, new challenges, and deadlines.  New designs had to be made.  The dreaded catalog season.  The days get shorter and colder.

But it's all just p e r c e p t i o n.  It's not that bad, but I just have this idea about summer, and I'm always sad to see it end.

BUT AT THE SAME TIME, I'm anxious for it to be O-V-E-R  -- for the world to kick back into gear after the annual AUGUST LULL that gets me down (also) every year.  Things grind to a halt.  Everybody is away on these fabulous extended vacations (EXCEPT US), and we live this left out / left behind existence.  By tuesday, things will go into fast forward, and suddenly I'm behind on everything.

It's crazy / I'm crazy, but it happens every year.  I wish I could break the pattern.  

No comments: