Tuesday, July 10, 2018

More sad days pile up.  We saw Sue for the last time yesterday.  A long hot car ride to Baltimore, and sitting in a little funeral waiting room, looking at my shoes on the carpet and anticipating the worst.  It wasn't so bad, she was mostly covered, and her face had color.  Ha, it always did! 

I tried to absorb the image as best I could, and to honor all that she means to me.  But it's not something you want to linger over, the face of your dead sister.  I thought about touching her, but wasn't compelled. The exact opposite, so I didn't.

Another longer hotter car ride home, with a stop at the rest area on 95.  i remember meeting her there on our way out to the bay with the dogs.  I took Polaroids of us with young remi.  lots of memories of being with her out in nature.  Driving to remote places and tanning or walking the dogs.

Emma is frustrating us by not eating her food.  It is such a weird problem.  And leads to so much anxiety.  Otherwise she seems normal.  Or more hyper.  Just took her to the dog park where she had a lot of fun, especially with a great Dane.  I looked on prying she would get trampled.  It was huge, but very gentle.


No comments: