Friday, April 15, 2022

 A wash-out week focused on how badly I don't want to do my taxes.  We'll today I finally did, and all was not so bad.  It's Mount Everest in my head, and a little hill to cross on paper.  

Settling accounts, adding everything up, and facing all the ups and downs of last year.  I wish I could go into more detail, but that's all too personal.  Enough to say that working for yourself can be really bizarre and internal and like you are living off the grid.  Taxes are a back to reality moment, a wake-up call.


Anyway, another late Friday, and I'm feeling the typical angst and guilt of not getting the things done that I think I should have done, while completely ignoring the things I did do, and should be proud of.  I beat up on myself a lot.  

It's so incredibly quiet here in the studio right now.  Usually, music or blogs are blaring.  I have this nice peaceful time to feel settled about all that I've been so worried about, to get through it, but my body and mind are still very caught up in a worry hangover.


I'll go home, enjoy my time with Hex, and stick it out of my mind.  But it will come back tomorrow.

- - - -

7104 Old Gate Road was sold this week.  Now that's a big deal.

No comments: