Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear dave,

I've started this post 3 times now! What to write? Suddenly I'm not sure!

I'm not so talky lately. I'm getting really internal and insulated with my thoughts. Probably because they have been kind of dark and negative, and I really don't want this blog to be a constant moan fest.

Spent the weekend with Hex mostly. We celebrated Ronnie's bday, and trekked around the neighborhood. Went to crafty bastards and the flea market.

Crafty Bastards- made me all uptight and mixed up. It all became this big giant blob of t-shirts and prints and little crafty things. All looked very much the same, but shared a lot of motifs that I've been doing as well. It made me confused about the direction I'm taking, and want to take and should take! How to be distinct. Not too this or that.

It's so easy to compare yourself with other people, artists, brands, artwork, and get confused about where you measure up. It's a tar pit of second guessing, self doubt and frustration. I pretty much pulled myself out of it, but here I am, writing about it, and I feel myself getting sucked back in.

ANYWAY - also of note: Hex and I made our annual trek up Georgia Ave. to the thrift store to pull together our High Heel Race outfits. This year we will be tennis players. So funny, because it always takes a while to find the pieces, but with a little perseverance, they always suddenly come together. Like the inks at G&G. I would always say to myself: " I know you are here somewhere!" and I'd find them.

No comments: